Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baking : Cookies making with toaster oven

Wanted to add baking to my daily activties since I am learning to cook from my in law.  I mean if I never achieved anything in life at least I can cook meals for my kids and hubby and then treat them with pastries when I can.

Women mah!!...I comfort myself all the time when I am morale at all time low, if married then just take care of family and leave money making to husband, do what business...and get all "bruised" out there.

Anyway, read from many home bakers' blog that baking is therapeutic. I love anything that is therapeutic to my neurotic soul.

Know that toaster oven may not be all capable for baking, I bought Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies premix and here how it went...

The mix is abit sticky and I have difficult dropping the dough evenly..

See them in the oven



First batch of cookies, not bad...

After a few batches, we have some nice and just right cookies and some burnt...
I think betty crocker cookies are supposed to be soft ...


These are how many cookies yielded...

Using toaster oven to bake cookies is possible, but you really need to keep an eye on the oven.
When they are almost done, looking brown and crispy. You needs to turn the pan around then after about 5 mins baking on the other side. Pulled the pan slightly out to block the oven door so it leaves a gap to introduce some cool air.


Self review - I am too impatient to be a baker... :(

I think I am creative too...see this

Dunno why, my creativity just overflow...

It's all Xiaxue's fault...kekeke

I think when you became mum, u no longer like to spend too much on art and craft
I am not using real swaroski, it's those arylic blings with adhesive from novelty gift store and Daiso.

Yes, my camera was not spared!!

All for the Power of Motherhood...



For my mother in law

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio