Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baking : No Bake Oreo Cheesecake #1

Wanted to make the oreo cheesecake that I saw from this blog : Happy Home Baking

Her recipe read simple and her cake pictures also look delicious.

Invited my cousin, Lynn to join me....being me, the careless. I wrote down the ingredients without the quantity for shopping. Came home with loads then start putting everything to mixing without reading the recipe properly. Also as blur and clueless about cooking, lynn and me can even get the quantity of the ingredient wrong after reading recipe several time. We also missed 1 step - "Sprinkle coarsely chopped oreo cookies on top of the first half of cheese mixture which has been chilled. Pour in the remaining half of the cheese mixture." so u can only see 1 layer of my cheesecake.



Friends said they can see some greenish spots on my cheesecake.
It's not algae or fungus, it's just the hundreds and thousands sprinkles I scattered on the cake before chilling...
I covered them with chopped oreo immmediately instead because the sprinkles melted and looks ugly.

Taste not bad, unfortunately my hubby do not like cheesecake.

Lesson learnt : Prepare ingredients with all right measurements prior to all the mixing etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio